Thursday 13 June 2013

My Current Haircare Routine

I know it's been a few days but I've just finished my 3rd exam so I thought I'd write my next post. These are a few of my current favourite hair products that I use regularly.


I haven't yet found a really good shampoo so I tend to use whatever there is in the shower at the time, but for conditioner I like the Leo Bancroft Sensationally Smooth Conditioner which you can get from Tesco for £4.


It's a rich, creamy conditioner which really hydrates damaged and dry hair like mine. I squeeze any excess water out of my hair after shampooing then rub this into the ends and leave it on while I continue to shower. It's also a great detangler as my hair gets stupidly knotty when I wash it.

Next, after towel drying, I run some Sunsilk Iron Effect Easy Straightening Cream (which I can't seem to find anywhere, I think I must have got it quite a while ago) through the ends after brushing.


This tames any frizziness I get during blow drying and straightens the lengths without using straighteners. I have naturally very curly hair which is an annoyance so I do what I can to minimise any unruly curls. This doesn't weigh your hair down despite the thick consitency but it doesn't do a great job at straightening on its own unless you pull your hair down with a brush as you blow dry it.

After this, I rub a couple of pumps of TRESemme Salon Smooth Serum in my hands and then through the ends of my hair.

This serum is seriously good. It makes my hair feel nourished and so so soft, even my boyfriend has commented on how soft my hair feels when I use this, definitely worth the £4.89 I pay for it from Boots.

Next, I use a heat protectant. My favourite is Andrew Barton's The Straight Answer Heat Protectant Spray which I get from ASc DA.


The best thing about this is the smell! It smells kind of almondy and a bit cocoa-y, basically its just delicious and the scent lasts for ages in your hair too. It also has a good pump which sprays the product in a mist so it covers all of your hair.

Then I blow dry with just my babyliss something-or-other hair dryer and style with babyliss straighteners if necessary.


Then, I'll use this VO5 Ultimate Hold Hairspray to keep everything in place which again smells super nice and lasts all day, as well as brushes out really easily.

For inbetween washes if my hair needs a quick revamp I use the Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush.


This doesn't have the nicest fragrance, I definitely wouldn't say it smells as good as it looks but this is the one I'm trying out at the minute and it works really well as long as you completely rub any powdery residue in. It does make my hair look and feel a lot fresher but I don't use this every day between washes.

Finally, the brush I use is this paddle brush from Primark (I can't link it sorry) which for £1.50 I think is pretty good.



I like using this kind of brush because my hair is so thick and knotty, this just makes it really easy to get all the tangles out and they last for ages. This is a new one but the one I had before lasted me 3-4 years so it's really good value.
 
So these are a few of my current haircare favourites. If you have any recommendations for good shampoos or hair treatments like leave in conditioners or hair masks for dry/damaged hair, please let me know in the comments.
 
What are your favourite hair products?

No comments:

Post a Comment