Tuesday 13 August 2013

Florida Haul



Haha, this photo looks so distorted from the angle, but I'm back from Florida and before I fill you in on what we did for the rest of our time there following on from this post, I thought I'd do a haul.

I didn't end up buying any clothes or souvenirs from Florida as I couldn't find any that I liked and souvenir-wise, I was happy with just photos- however, I did want to build my make up collection partly because the exchange rates mean that make up is so much cheaper in America. So I got some make up.............

























 
First, I bought these from Walmart. I'd wanted the Real Techniques Core Collection for ages, but thought I'd wait til America to get it slightly cheaper. However, they only had the 2.0 version which comes without the detailers brush and the case/stand. I must say I was a bit disappointed, but the remaining three brushes are the ones I would have used most anyway and I guess I can let the stand go. I also decided I needed some waterproof mascaras for any water parks/water rides at the theme parks in Florida. I picked up Revlon's Lash Potion in black and Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof mascara in brown/black. I then wanted both a Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle and a Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe. I actually picked this shade up by accident as I wanted the bronze one, but I still like this one. I don't think I paid more than $5 for each item except the brush set!
 


At a later date, I picked up this NYC Cheek Glow in Riverside Rose as I'm still just getting into make up and wanted to try out an inexpensive blush- this was $2.
The eyeliner I got free with a magazine from Heathrow!
 



I also tracked down a couple of MAC stores as you may have gathered. From the one in the Florida Mall, I bought a cremesheen lipstick in Crème Cup as I know a lot of people have it and it's very easy to wear.
And then from the Orlando Premium Outlets I got an eyeshadow in Woodwinked and another lipstick called Kinda Sexy in a matte finish.
 
I did plan on more MAC purchases at the airport in New York but $16 for an eyeshadow was too much but I bought my other one for $10.50!
 



Finally, as a complete surprise, Alex bought me some real Ray Bans from the Florida Mall! I had no idea he was going to, and I didn't approve of him spending that much on me, but they're so nice!
 
A successful trip's shopping I think!
What do you buy when you're on holiday? Also, if you have any other MAC purchase suggestions, let me know! Always keen to expand my collection!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment