Thursday 22 August 2013

Review: Revlon Lash Potion Waterproof Mascara


It was only a couple of months ago that I penned my ode to Clinique's High Impact Mascara and how it ticked all the boxes for me, and I still do love the natural look that it gives, however every once in a while, I find myself looking astray of my trusty Clinique, hunting for something new.
To begin with, Maybelline's The Falsies was top of my list to try, but when I was in Walmart in Florida, the Lash Potion from Revlon caught my eye. 

I wanted a waterproof mascara specifically for my holiday to Florida since water rides, swimming, water parks and big thunder storms were all on the agenda so I was keen to put this truly to the test.
In addition to the waterproof formula, the packaging is amazing- it immediately drew me in, and the brush is very big and full though still in the thinner brush category. It's definitely the right size to use without getting mascara goops all around your eyes!
It claims to add "spellbinding volume and supernatural length" which I completely agree with. Again, I have naturally long and quite full eyelashes so you might not be able to tell how much length is added, but I would say volume is added without clumping and lashes aren't spindled together in a spider-like fashion. A couple of brushes with this through the lashes and you are good to go!


Excuse the no make up, but I really like how this mascara looks, it separates the lashes really well too.

Waterproof wise, I wore this almost every day in Florida and it lasted in the pool, in the 6ft super waves in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, on the River Rapids in Universal Studios where not one bit of my was dry afterwards and on huge water slides. To last through all of these as well as just to the end of the day without breaking down or shedding bits onto my face is all I could ever ask for in a waterproof mascara and for $4.99 this is amazing.

You can pick this up from Boots/Superdrug for around £9.99 and if you are planning on going on holiday anytime soon (lucky things) this is must-have! Even if you're not, it's always good to have a mascara that will last no matter what!

What is your favourite mascara?
Also, I'm going to be much more active on my twitter from now on if you want to follow @emilaaarblog

Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment