Monday 26 August 2013

Let's Bake: A Flapjack Treat!


A very basic recipe this time around, but flapjack is one of my favourite things to make and eat! I personally love it packed with dried fruit but we didn't have any in the house for this spontaneous bake.


You will need:

100g/4oz margarine
50g/2oz Demerara sugar (I just used normal sugar though)
2 tbsp golden syrup
125g/5oz rolled oats
25g/1oz plain flour

Melt the margarine, sugar and syrup over a low heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is a liquid.

Grease a small tin.
Then take the pan off the heat and stir in the oats and flour.
Press the mixture into the tin and smooth over so it is an even depth all over.

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.


 Melt some chocolate (you don't need very much about 50g?) in a bowl over another bowl or pan filled with boiled water.
 Now, the fun bit! Dip each piece into the melted chocolate to give it a chocolate covered edge. You can cover it as much or as little as you like.
Not the most attractive to look at but pretty damn tasty!

Again, this is a recipe I've been using for ages from Be-Ro which I can't find online but I tweak it as I go along.
Hope you enjoyed this post and if you ever recreate something you've seen on here, please let me know on twitter @emilaaarblog it would make my day!

2 comments:

  1. They look so YUMMY!
    Your instructions are so clear and easy to follow :)
    I'm going to try this and hopefully not burn them!

    www.pippa-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you so much! Love a good flapjack! Let me know how you get on :-)
      I'm following you on bloglovin now by the way!! X

      Delete