Tuesday 6 August 2013

Florida Update #2



So since my last post, we've still been super busy in Florida so I thought I'd share some more pictures.

We went to Disney World which was so magical, even for a group of teenagers as you don't have to be really young to have a brilliant day. The guy on the entrance called me a princess so I knew I was in for a good day!



Aside from the touristy excitement, like seeing the Princess castle and the Walt Disney statue, we went on all the rides. The mine train and Space Mountain were obvious favourites but I liked all of the rides we went on. I think Disney World is a must-do for everyone at some point in their lives.


We left Disney World to go to Waffle House for tea and for a quick swim in the pool in our Villa to cool down but then we went back to watch the fireworks and night time parades.
My top is from Primark, my shorts are from Miss Selfridge two years ago and my bag is also from Primark. (Alex is wearing a Superdry Polo Shirt and shorts from Topman)
Then, this weekend we went on a road trip to Clearwater Beach and stayed at a hotel overnight to see a different side of Florida and also to have a rest from long days at theme parks.

It's pretty cool to think I've paddled in the Gulf on Mexico!

We also went on a dolphin spotting boat ride and saw lots of dolphins playing in the waves. This was so cool because although we saw how talented the dolphins were at Seaworld (post here), this is how they naturally behaved.

We got better videos of the dolphins, than photos but you get the idea!

And here's me jumping on the bed in our hotel room!

The beach we went to was completely idyllic. White, fine grained sand, green/clear water, palm trees- such a lovely setting. And then when dusk fell, the pier turned into a series of unusual market stalls selling artwork and carved wooden items and personalised bracelets. You could even get your name carved onto a grain of rice! Street performers accompanied this, as well as a glass blower and an outdoor cinema showing my favourite film- The Hunger Games.


On the way home from the beach, we stopped at Five Guys Burgers and Fries for lunch since my brother has been obsessed with this comedic song since we've arrived in America, and after that we went to the Orlando Premium Outlets to do some shopping. 

Yesterday, we went to Hollywood Studios- another Disney park but it shows you more about the magic of the movies. There are still plenty of rides and shows to do though, our highlight of yesterday was Aerosmith's Rock n Rollercoaster, even managing to convince my fearful mum of joining us on it! The ride pictured here however, is a 3D Toy Story zapper/shooting game which was fun but I really liked the car stunt show that they put on, especially with a special guest appearance from...
Lightning McQueen!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm having a chill day while the boys have visited the Kennedy Space Centre. There is actually a launch taking place there tomorrow night which we might try and go to. It would be amazing to be there when a real space shuttle goes into space!



Hope you've been having a nice week, not sure if I'll be able to post again before we come back but on Friday we're going to Discovery Cove to swim with real dolphins! Don't want it to end, although I am missing the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment