Monday 15 July 2013

Haul #2



As I've already mentioned, I went away on a music tour to France last week and while we were busy performing a lot of the time, the one thing I was desperate to do while I was there was go to a French pharmacy and stock up on their world famous skincare. Another thing I've been wanting to do for ages is go to  a car boot sale. I've never been before (that I can remember) so the day before I went away, my boyfriend and I went to the biggest one in our area and I managed to find a couple of make up stalls- one being my beloved Mac.

So I bought 2 lipsticks at the car boot sale, one from Avon in Noble Nude which retails for £8.50 and I got it for £2- yay! It's a really nice orange-toned nude with pink shimmer and good colour pay off. I also got Mac Milan Mode for £5 which I was super pleased with since they've now gone up to £15 at Mac counters and it is a nice true pink, not too bright, not too shimmery. It's quite sheer but can be built up I really like this one.

In France, I went to every pharmacy I saw, a lot of them were closed but I did manage to get some Bioderma- must be the only person who hasn't tried it yet!
I got 2 big bottles and one smaller one which I'll probably take to Florida when I go. I just thought it was really cute and I know I'll use it.

I also got a couple of things from La Roche-Posay.
I know you can get this in some of the larger Boots and I've had my eye on these two products for a while now and decided to wait until I was in France because I thought they might be cheaper. I can't remember how much it ended up being but I don't think it was much different to the prices here. I got the Effaclar Duo to use as a spot treatment all over my skin and to use as a make up base and I also picked up the Effaclar A.I. to use as a targeted spot treatment as I've read such good reviews on both of these.

The last thing I bought (aside from lots of pain au chocolats) was the Caudalie Beauty Elixir.
I wanted this to set my make up before using powder, particularly for when it's really hot and also to use when my skin feels in need of refreshing. I only got a 30ml since that's all I could find but  I'm still keen to try it out along with everything else I bought.

I'm planning on reviewing some of these products separately once I've tried them out properly, have you used any of these yet? How did you get on?

Hope you're all having a lovely summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment