Thursday 4 July 2013

June Favourites





I wanted to do a proper beauty post this week since I did a recipe one the other day so, I'm going to do my first favourites post and I'm really excited!  My first favourite this month is the Simple Soothing Facial Toner and at £2.99 this is a really inexpensive but good toner. I've really got into using a toner recently, I use it after cleansing my face at night and although I haven't seen much difference in my problematic skin, it makes my skin feel super clean and nice. 

I've also really enjoyed using L'oreal's Nutrisummer Moisturising Lotion since the sun has been making a couple of appearances recently. Although I have struggled to find it online, I have seen it in a few Boots recently and when you're super pasty like me, it's great to whack this on to give a bit of colour. Using this after shaving gives super silky skin for the whole day and although it isn't instant colour, it does develop throughout the day and it isn't streaky- so big yes from me!

The main thing I can say about The Body Shop's Sweet Lemon Lip Butter is that it tastes and smells amazing! It is very moisturising and lasts for a long time, I like to use this last thing at night and again in the morning to smooth my lips before I put on a lipstick.

For  lipstick, I have been loving my new MAC lipstick. The colour is an amazing pinky orange but not too bright so perfect for everyday and the formula goes onto the lips so easily it feels like a balm. It doesn't have great colour pay off but it is buildable to it can become more intense, I thin it's perfect for summer!

Another lip product (so many lip products) I've been loving (along with everyone else in the world) is the Rimmel Apocalips. These are amazing. Such a great selection of colours, I have Nova which is an intense pink which is quite bright but has a slight blue undertone. The formulation is quite thick so the colour comes out amazingly and you don't need much as a little goes a long way. I like how it has a doe foot applicator so application is more precise than a lipstick and it lasts much longer than a standard lipstick- go Rimmel!

Tea Tree Oil has been the one thing in my skincare I keep going back to. It's natural so I'm not putting anything bad on my skin, I actually like the smell and it really helps to dry up any spots I get really quickly, however I haven't found anything which prevents them from coming back, so suggestions please!

The last beauty thing I've been loving is the Collection (2000) Lasting Perfection concealer to cover those pesky spots. This is so high coverage its perfect for hiding my "imperfections" however since I use the Tea Tree Oil to dry up my spots, I have to use quite a rich moisturiser to prevent this concealer from being cakey or accenuating the spot by sticking to the dry patches- do you know what I mean?

Lastly, I have been obsessed with my white converse. I got these quite recently for my upcoming trip to Florida to wear around the theme parks but obviously I have needed to wear them out to break them in... They go with everything and I have wanted them for so long, so comfy and such a shoe staple!

So there are my favourites for June, so glad that month is over, no more A levels! What were your favourite products in June? Feel free to leave your blog addresses below and I'll check them all out.

Let's get trying out stuff for my July favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment