Thursday 18 July 2013

Let's Bake: White Chocolate Chunk Cookies


Another recipe! Yesterday, I met up with some friends and we had a picnic in the park so I thought I'd make something to take that isn't too heavy for this heat wave we're having!
These turned out much better than expected so here's how I made them.

This makes about 19 large cookies.

6oz (150g) margarine
4.5oz (130g)soft light brown sugar (but I used dark brown because I couldn't find light)
3 tbsp golden syrup
8oz (230g) self raising flour
6oz (150g) white chocolate (or any type of chocolate)
2 tbsp milk
Heat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF, Gas Mark 4.

Beat the margarine until soft then add the sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.


Chop the chocolate into small-ish pieces, these don't have to be perfect in any way!


Stir in the syrup, flour, chocolate and milk and mix well.


Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto greased baking trays, and press down a bit so they squidge into the tray and lay flatter.

These are monstrous in size but so good!

Bake for 15 minutes until golden on the outside and soft on the inside.


The cookies tend to rise up a lot in the oven but once cooled they deflate and look like proper cookies!


The syrup makes these cookies extra chewy but still soft with a crunch on the outside and they went down a treat at the picnic!

Hope you like my recipe posts and if you ever recreate any, please let me know on my twitter @emilaaarblog, I'd love to know how you get on!

Hope you're enjoying all the sun we're getting!

This recipe is adapted from a Be-Ro recipe book that I use a lot but has lost its cover so I'm not sure what it's called, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment